- This contest is organized by RD Furniture. It consists in a blind draw of one entry among all eligible newsletter subscribers. No purchase necessary.
- This Contest is open to all residents of Québec aged 18 or over. The employees from the head office, warehouses and stores of RD Furniture and its subsidiaries, from its advertising and marketing agencies, from its partners, or from any other individuals or companies directly related to the Contest, including their immediate family members (siblings, children, mother, father), their legal or common-law spouses, and all those residing with these employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to the draw.
IDENTIFICATION OF THE PARTICIPANT
For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the participant is the individual whose personal information details are provided upon subscription to the newsletter. It is to this person that the prize shall be awarded if he or she is declared a winner.
HOW TO ENTER
- To register for the "Enter for a chance to win a $1000 RD Furniture promo card" contest, simply fill out the subscription form to the electronic newsletter that will pop up on the RD Furniture website or will be featured in a Facebook posting. Make sure you enter your exact information and fill in all required fields. Click on the “Sign up to win” icon. You will subsequently receive a “welcome” email notification confirming your subscription to the newsletter, explaining the advantages to shopping at RD Furniture, and confirming that you are automatically entered in the Contest. Please note that a subscription filled in-store by RD Furniture employees also qualify you as a participant for the draw.
Limit of one entry per person. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person who submits or who attempts to submit multiple registrations whether simultaneous or not.
- The prize for this contest is one (1) $1000 RD Furniture promo card, or two (2) $500 promo cards, which can be exchanged in any RD Furniture store.
- The promo card can be transferred but cannot be reimbursed or exchanged for cash. It expires six (6) months after the winner confirms to RD Furniture that he accepts the prize (as mentioned in point 7 below).
- The draw will be made electronically and on a random basis among the people who subscribed to the newsletter during the contest period, i.e.from November 16, 2019, 2:01 pm (CET) to February 15, 2020, 1:59 pm (CET). The draw will take place on February 20, 2020, at the RD Furniture Head Office located at 500, L’Acadie St, Victoriaville, G6T 1A6.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- In order to be declared winner, the selected participant must:
a) Have properly completed the subscription form to the RD Furniture newsletter featured on the company’s website, on a RD Furniture Facebook post or in-store;
b) Still, be a subscriber to the newsletter) Have replied to the Contest Organizer email (confirming him as the winner) within seven (7) days of being sent the email;
c) Have replied to the Contest Organizer email (confirming him as the winner) within seven (7) days of being sent the email; d) Confirm, when reached by the Contest Organizer, the RD Furniture store where he wishes to pick up the promo card prize. RD Furniture shall transfer the card(s) to the selected store within seven (7) business days of this confirmation;
e) Pick up the promo card(s) from the selected store before expiration (no extension period will be granted). While visiting the store, the customer will receive the card(s) from an authorized representative of RD Furniture;
f) Agree to be photographed with an employee or employees of RD Furniture, in the selected store. This photo could be published later on RD Furniture various social platforms.
- Failure to follow any of the conditions described in these Contest Rules will result in the cancellation of the selected participant’s entry, in which case a new draw for the prize will be held according to these Contest Rules until an eligible participant’s entry is drawn and declared a winner.
- Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry that is incomplete, illegible, or in any way fraudulent will automatically be rejected and will not be eligible to win the prize.
10. Non-Compliance. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any individual or to invalidate the entries of any Contest participant or any individual wishing to participate in the Contest in a way that is non-compliant with these Contest Rules. Charges may be laid in cases where the law has been broken in an attempt to fraudulently enter this Contest.
11. Acceptance of the Prize. The prize must be accepted as it is described in these Contest Rules. It could be transferred to another party, redeemed for merchandise sold at RD Furniture but could not be substituted with a different prize, or partially or completely cashed in, subject to the subsection below.
12. Prize Substitution. If, for reasons unrelated to the winning party, the Contest Organizer is not able to award the prize (or a part thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizer undertakes to award a prize (or part thereof) of the same nature and equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, to award the equivalent value of the prize (or part thereof) described in these Contest Rules in cash.
13. Refusal to Accept Prize. Should the participant whose entry has been randomly drawn refuse to accept the prize as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizer will be discharged of any obligation related to the prize with regards to this participant.
14. Limitation of Liability – Use of the Prize. The prize winner releases RD Furniture, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, their employees, agents, and representatives, from any liability over damages which may result from the redemption or use of the prize.
15. Limitation of Liability – Functioning of the ContestRD Furniture, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, their employees, agents, and representatives, shall hold no liability in relation to the improper functioning of any computer equipment, software, or online communication that may be related to any faulty, incomplete, or incomprehensible transmission, or any deletion of information by any computer or network, and which could limit or prevent an individual from participating in the Contest.
16. Modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in its entirety or in part, if an event, error, or any human intervention should occur which would adversely affect the administration, safety, impartiality, or progress of the Contest as it has been described in these Contest Rules. In no event shall the Contest Organizer, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, it partners, or any other individuals or companies directly related to the Contest, as well as their employees, agents, and representatives, be obliged to award any more prizes than allowed for in these Contest Rules, or to award prizes in a way that is not compliant with these Contest Rules.
17. Impossibility to Act – Work Conflict. RD Furniture, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, as well as their employees, agents, and representatives, shall bear no liability under any circumstances in which their impossibility to act results from an event or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout, or any other work conflict at their organization, or in any organization or company whose services are used for the purposes of this Contest.
18. Limitation of Liability – Participation. By entering this Contest, all individuals release RD Furniture, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, as well as their employees, agents, and representatives, from any damages which may result from their participation in this Contest.
19. Authorization. By entering this Contest, the winning party authorizes RD Furniture, its branches, its subsidiaries, its affiliate companies, its advertising and marketing agencies, as well as their employees, agents, and representatives, to use his/her name, photos, images, comments with regard to the prize, place of residence, and/or voice commentary, if required, and to do so without any form of remuneration and at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer, without time limitations, in any form of media, worldwide, for purposes of advertising or for any purpose the Contest Organizer deems relevant.
20. Communication with Participants. There will be no communication (other than at entry time) or correspondence between participants and the Contest Organizer for the purposes of this Contest, other than when individuals enter the Contest and/or when the winning participant is selected for a prize.
21. Decision of the Contest Organizer. All decisions made by the Contest Organizer or its representatives as related to this Contest shall be final and binding.
Note: The masculine gender has been used simply to make the text easier to read.