COVID-19 DELAYS NOTIFICATION
Given the current situation, many suppliers are experiencing production delays. Our delivery periods are therefore affected. We apologize for any resulting inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding.
Resuming operations in our stores
RD Furniture has appropriately adapted some of its operations. Here is a detailed list of the measures that will be put in to prevent the spread of the coronavirus :
- Strict hygiene measures have been put in place in all our facilities:
- Our stores and warehouses are fully stocked with cleaning products.
- The frequency of cleaning procedures will be increased in our facilities, especially in high-traffic areas (including doors, work surfaces, counters, and furniture).
- All employees will have to use preventive hygiene measures, including frequent handwashing and avoiding direct contact upon greeting people (such as handshakes).
- Customers are REQUIRED to wash their hands at the entrance. A disinfectant soap is available to customers and employees at the entrance of the store.
- Masks (non-medical) are available, if needed, to protect our employees in the branch.
- We ask customers to restrain from touching the furniture and appliances on display on our floors.
- We only accept card payments (debit, Visa or MasterCard). We have made this decision to avoid handling cash and limit the risk of contamination of our valuable employees.
- If you are not feeling well, we ask you to stay home and to shop online instead.
- Physical distancing measures have been put in place at all our facilities:
- You must keep a distance of at least 2 m (6’) between you and any other person in our stores and warehouses.
- Floor markings have been installed in the waiting areas to ensure adequate physical distancing between all.
- Plexiglass panels have been installed in front of the counters to protect our employees.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of customers in our stores at any time in order to protect our employees. If you come to the store, try to come alone, without your children. Keep them safe at home as much as possible. In stores, we invite you to use your cell phone or tablet and your video chatting apps or software (Messenger, Snapchat, FaceTime, Skype, etc.) if you need a friend or family member’s help to help you make your selection.
CAN I SHOP ONLINE?
IS CUSTOMER SERVICE STILL ACTIVE?Yes. We encourage you to use our online chat, to write an email (email@example.com) or to call one of our web consultant (819-330-3131) who are available every day, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
ARE YOU STILL MAKING DELIVERIES?
Yes, we are. Given the current situation, many suppliers are experiencing production delays. Our delivery periods are therefore affected. We apologize for any resulting inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding.
NO-CONTACT DELIVERYOur delivery teams are continuing their work with our customers, making sure to avoid any unnecessary contact.
- Merchandise, unpacked, will be delivered inside your house.
- As proof of delivery, they will take a photo of the delivered furniture (including you in the background).
- They’re will be no pickups (except for old household appliances) or exchanges.
- Our delivery people will keep a minimum distance of 2 meters (6’) with customers.
No-contact pickup at our warehouse
It is possible to pick up your merchandise WITHOUT CONTACT at our distribution centres in Lachine (Montreal) and Victoriaville, everyday, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Our smaller teams must follow all the required health guidelines and social distancing rules. When you arrive at the distribution centre, just call the phone number on the door and give your contract number to the employee. Your merchandise will be put outside the warehouse upon your arrival and you will have no direct contact with our staff. You’ll understand that we won’t be able to offer you help in loading the products into your vehicle. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for understanding.
No-contact pickup IN STORE
It will be possible to pick up your merchandise, without contact, in all our stores. Please wait for our consultant’s call before dropping by.
Our smaller teams must follow all the required health guidelines and physical distancing rules. When you arrive at the store, you will need to give your contract number to our cashier. Your merchandise will be put outside the store, and you will have no direct contact with our warehouse staff. You’ll surely understand if we are not able to offer you help in loading the products into your vehicle. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for understanding.
I COULDN'T PICK UP MY ORDER. WILL I BE CHARGE A STORAGE FEE?No. Storage charges incurred between March 16 and May 11 will be waived. Please notify us promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 819-330-3131 if you wish to postpone your delivery.
THE WARRANTY FOR MY FURNITURE WILL SOON EXPIRE AND I NEED A REPAIR. WHAT CAN I DO?Repair teams are allowed to enter your home. Do not call us to find out when our technician might come to your home, we will call you in due course.
THE COMFORT GUARANTEE OF MY MATTRESS IS DUE AND I WOULD LIKE TO BENEFIT FROM IT. WHAT CAN I DO?
We will extend the ConfoRD Guarantee of our eligible customers until our regular operations resume.
Our online store is secured and offers more than 4000 items to furnish your home. It remains the best and safest option to make your product selection, from the comfort of your home.
We encourage you to use our chat system (in operation every day, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.), to email us at email@example.com or to call one of our consultants at 819-330-313 for more information about the products you're interested in.
If you are in isolation, or experience symptoms such as a cough or fever, or if you are considered at risk of complications from the COVID-19 virus, please shop online to protect our employees.
These new measures are put in place for the sole purpose of ensuring your safety, ours and that of our family. Yes, just like you, we look forward to resuming our regular activities, delivering your purchase directly to your living room, picking up your old appliances after plugging in your new ones, shaking your hands when you enter our stores, lending you our help to load your furniture into your vehicle, but it's not yet possible. Until the situation settles down – when we have collectively managed to flatten the curve and keep it flat for a while –, we need to come together and be supportive and understanding of each other. Let's work as a team, let's be accommodating, and respect the government public health rules.
During these difficult times, take care of yourself and your family. Thank you for encouraging local businesses, you make all the difference! Together, we will come out stronger! From our family to yours: things will be going well!
RD FURNITURE TEAM